We’ve put together this really simple guide to keep your Bamboo floors cleaned for longer. Of all wood floors, bamboo is one of the hardest ones, competing head to head to hardwoods such as maple and oak, and it is more resistant to water damage than most woods, but even with such durability, there are important steps to follow to keep your bamboo flooring cleaned for longer, preserving it’s look and durability.
- Do not use a vacuum that has a beater bar to clean a bamboo floor.
- Never immerse the floor in water. Only a damp, almost-dry mop should be used.
- Never use abrasive scouring powder or steel wool on your bamboo floor.
- Follow any manufacturer-provided instructions when caring for a bamboo floor. You should also be familiar with the warranty that was provided with the floor so that you do not take actions that might void it.
- Ask people to remove their shoes when entering your home. This will avoid tracking in dirt, as well as prevent damage from spike heels.
- Use doormats both inside and outside of entrances to keep dirt from being tracked into the house.
- Use area rugs in high-traffic areas and around sinks.